Baked Chicken Carbonara with Spaghetti Squash
This creamy, decadent dish is one of my most requested, and I had the pleasure of making it for my sweet Daddy and precious sisters yesterday. It's so good to connect with loved ones, and even better with healthy food and thoughtful conversation. Whatever your schedule is like, make time to break bread with loved ones. It is always time well-invested!
•1 medium squash, cut length-wise.
- In a pressure cooker (I used my trusty Instant Pot), add 1 cup of water. Stack the squash halves on top of the wire rack (comes with the instant pot). Cook on manual for 7 minutes. ***an oven may also be used, utilizing a glass baking dish. Cook for approx 45 mnts***
- Quick release pressure at end of cycle.
- "Shred" inside of squash with a fork into long ribbons.
- Place in a glass baking dish (9x13)
•2 large free-range chicken breasts
•2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
•1/2 tsp Sea Salt
•1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Coat the chicken in seasonings
- In a skillet, add the olive oil and heat to low-medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook until done through. Cut into cubes when done.
•2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
•3 strips uncured bacon (Precook and break into pieces)
•1/2 cup white onion, finely chopped
•5 garlic cloves, minced
•2/3 cup Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
•1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped and divided
•1.5 tsp Sea Salt
•2 tsp Garlic Powder
•2 cans coconut cream, set about 4 tbsp of the water from the can aside.
- Preheat oven to 400
- Add the olive oil to a skillet and heat to medium.
- Add onions and cook until just-tender
- Add minced garlic and cook until fragrant
- Add mushrooms and cook until tender
- Add the coconut cream, seasonings, chicken and bacon. Cook for 7-10 minutes on low-medium.
- Use a ladle to evenly distribute the carbonara sauce/ chicken onto the Spaghetti Squash. If needed, add a bit of the coconut water around the edges of the spaghetti squash (optional. I found this made for extra "sauciness").
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until warmed through completely!